22 Feb 2007

Is it OK to give blokes flowers for their birthdays?


We have a birthday in our office today and the girl in question was given a bunch of flowers, which looked pretty nice...I guess. It got me to thinking, what do Men get for their birthdays, can you give a man a bunch of flowers? In a world where equality is all and men are more in touch with their feelings that ever before, I can't help thinking...no. Despite our "evolution" I really don't think men care about flowers and are in fact actually rather baffled as to why women like them. If you think about it, what you are essentially doing is removing vegetation from its rightful place, wrapping it in a bit of paper and presenting it to someone. I mean, it's a bit useless isn't it, you can't eat it (unless you're a bit strange) so what's the point? Because they look pretty?? Pah! Give me a cold beer any day and take your flowers to the hospital.

0 comments: