15 Mar 2007

You know you're getting old when...


The band that all the girls loved when you were a kid have a comeback. I remember laughing at my older sister, Alison, when all the "best of the 80s" stuff stated coming out - "it's official, you're old now" i said, "You'll get yours" she said - I thought, what does she know, she's old. Well, that one came back round and took a massive chunk out of my ass didn't it!

As I sat there this morning watching Take That perform their comeback single on TV, I realised - it's happened, I has finally happened, I'm getting old. As if to add insult to injury, the presenter bellowed out "it's been ten years since your last performance"....bugger it has been ten years. I distinctly remember the hatred that every teenage boy had towards that band, every hit song they had just grew the hatred even more. But fast forward ten years, I sat there on my couch, eating my breakfast and humming along, thinking, this is quite good - another sign of old age - losing your taste in music.

0 comments: