10 Aug 2007

300 - It's a mega-man movie


6 packs? 6 packs! Pah! These guys have got 8 and 10 packs and a full complement of guns to boot! I'm of course talking about the movie 300. If you haven't seen it - go rent the DVD. It's all action, kick-ass battle scenes and cool one liners, like "Tonight we dine in hell"!

Alright, so this is a blokes movie, but there's nothing wrong with that. Girls have the romantic comedy section, we have bloody tales of 300 Greek blokes fighting against 2 million Persian blokes - sounds bloody fantastic, doesn't it? I have to admit though, halfway through watching it, I did find myself getting more and more excited as the fight scenes got even more bloody and complicated, even adding in a few one liners of my own, such as "have a chew on that my son!"

It was at this stage that I started to think about the beef advert for children that's currently on air. It's the advert with the brother and sister talking about their likes and dislikes with the girl looking all sweet in a fairly outfit talking about how she liked the colour pink. The boy on the other hand describes how he likes boxing by standing up and punching an imaginary man, adding his own sound effects "duff, duff! Biff, biff! Smack! Wallop!". So I thought to myself - Us blokes are all still that kid and movies like 300!

The other thing that made me think of the beef advert for kids was that although they disagree on everything else, they agree in the end that they love their mum's beef, in a similar way that me and my missus agreed that we both thought the movie was great. Probably for different reason of course...did I mention the 8 packs girls?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Hahahah! You should really consider to be a columnist in a mag or newspaper!! Keep up the blogging!

Give beautiful Freja and my sweet sis a big hug!
X, Auntie Camilla