18 Dec 2008

Vive la France

What can I say? It's been a bit of a hectic couple of weeks as we've moved out of our house and ultimately left the great land down under. We arrived in France yesterday and picked up our little Kelpie (iconic Australian dog) from the pet transport company - thanks to Swissport Import and Eric over there - brilliant people. 

There are a few things that have immediately hit me as I settle back in to European life, and here's a sample

1) Oh my God its f***ing cold!
2) It feels like Christmas here, the weather, the decorations
3) People are a lot nicer than I remember
4) The TGV and Eurostar is the best train experience ever
5) Central heating rocks 

But, as it all starts coming back to me, as I watch BBC breakfast News (eat your heart out Kochie) and I hear about all the news from this great continent of hours, well....it feels great to be back.

Normal service will resume soon, Tinternet Treats, Video of the week and my usual observations on all things digital.  Off to London for some interviews and meetings today, so if anyone fancies meeting up, ping me!
 


4 comments:

Ed said...

Say 'bonjour' to France for me, mate. It's nice, actually having cold for Christmas, isn't it!

Good luck on the interviews

Campbell said...

Well bugger me if it's not going to be 39C on Christmas day in Cairns, which is where I'm spending the hols. Guess what we're eating?
*Freshly shucked Sydney rock oysters
*Domaine ZD bubbly
BUT
*Ham, turkey, duck, roast vegies, boiled christmas pudding, the whole northern hemisphere catastrophe.
I envy you both. Ed and Alan.

Alan Parker said...

Ed - I will indeed, and yes, it's fantastic having a cold Christmas. I was in London yesterday and saw all the decorations on Oxford Street and Regent Street - beautiful. Campbell - I'll still envy you, even though I'm looking forward to my Christmas dinner, a cold beer on a hot day next to a barbie is still a winner in my books. But lastly and most importantly....I get to watch premiership football, the pinnacle of professional sport...yes Campbell, even better than your beloved AFL...

Anonymous said...

Give me a buzz when you're settled mate - would be great to catch up for a beer.

Matthew