9 May 2008

Gadgets make you stupid.... apparently

First off - sorry it's been a week since I last posted, I'm afraid it's been one of those weeks.  But, on my way home today I happened to read an article claiming that gadgets such as Blackberrys, Xboxes and iPhones threaten to "unravel decades of innovation that helped build the Internet."

According to Oxford professor Jonathan Zittrain, the afore mentioned devices stifle creativity and don't allow the kind of collaboration offered by your home PC, which he (old Johnny) reckons leads towards technological advances. 

MyTake - It's OK to be alone every now and then and I don't think for a second that we are going to forget about the wonders of the web.  Also, if we look back at the development of the PC I don't think that was what I would call a "collaborative" device in its early days, but it is now thanks to human endeavour.  It's not the device that dictates the use, it's the person behind in....SMS...I rest my case


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a dumb statement to make.

All of these things are as collaborative, or non-collaborative, as the users decide to make them....

Alan Parker said...

Yeah, I don't think he though that one through.....