2 May 2008

Please Tweet on arrival

Following on from my post about James Buck, I received a newsletter from the Twitter team talking about his story and also another trend that they had seen - Moms and dads tweeting the exact time that their babies are born.
Now I'm a Dad and I remember when my daughter was born and it was very early in the morning here in Australia, but me and Malin (the beautiful other half.. hope she's reading) are from Europe with family all over. Her parents live in the north of Sweden, her sister in Holland, my parents live in the south of France, my sister in the north of France, my bother in London and other extended family throughout the UK.....I get exhausted just writing it.

So, you'd probably guess that the idea of Tweeting when your child enters the world would be an awesome idea to people like us. The extended network can then help pass on the message to other family members and with Tweet Pic, they can even have an instant picture to pass round - all with just one tweet.

MyTake - We're not far away from Twitter going mainstream and when it does, we are going to see a whole host of cool apps developed and a whole host of new and wacky ideas to use it. We talk about information being bit sized already - I think we need a new term when this crashes through the tipping point.

0 comments: