12 Feb 2009

Next-gen comics

It's not often that you come across a new type of content, but today was one of those days for me. Take a look at this from Marvel. They are called Motion Comics and they are "not quite comics and not quite animation" - sounds like most of the cartoons my daughter watches.



The first Motion Comic to be released will be "Astonishing X-Men" and I have to say, it looks quite interesting. I think I have seen a few things like this before, but the big question is whether or not this actually catches on among a fairly tight community,

MyTake - How often do you see a new type of content, not often (as I already said...bad blogger) which is what makes this so interesting. The other interesting aspect of this is the level of innovation in a fairly tactile community - aren't comic fans interested in actually owning the comics anymore? Will it catch on, who knows, will it help expand the audience base thanks to the huge popularity of the likes of iTunes, who knows....... will it give comic fans another way to get their fix, for sure.



0 comments: